About the job
The Card Services Data Programmers are part of a team who works directly with new clients to convert their existing credit card portfolios onto Fiserv processing platforms. The team is comprised of project managers, data analysts, and conversion programmers who perform the initial review of a converting client’s data files, develop an extensive list of reports and utilize custom tools to analyze the data, develop technical specifications for converting the data, present the specifications to the client, write the conversion programs and processes, and assist with the testing/loading processes. These positions offer a variety of opportunities to work in both business and technical roles, learn and use multiple Fiserv applications/products, work with new technologies (like EMV and digital payments) and develop relationships with financial institutions. Our team members are encouraged to think “outside the box” and make process improvements. The roles provide a unique opportunity to use both technical and analytical skills, knowledge of the payment processing industry, and the soft skills (communication, managing expectation, leading large efforts) required to work effectively with clients.
As a Data Programmer you can look forward to:
· Owning the technical data conversion programming
· Delivering and executing conversion project milestones for the full project life cycle from initiation through project closure
· Programming complex technical requirements for conversion applications
· Partnering with data conversion analysts and business analysts to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
· Creating data conversion mapping programs and processes
· Ensuring quality of data conversion output (data, files, reports, statements, plastics, etc.) including holding quality inspections
· Validating offline System and Output testing of data conversion files
· Debugging complex code and processes
· Planning and participating in mocks and other client events in conjunction with client and Fiserv partners
· Building partnerships with clients, product owners, application development teams, and program management colleagues
· Adhering to internal processes and best practices
· Monitoring and reporting progress
· Identifying risks and issues; managing and escalating appropriately
Basic qualifications for consideration:
· 4 Year college degree
· 10 + years of experience in COBOL, Mainframe applications, IBM JCL, and TSO/TPX
· Proficient in MS Office suite with heightened focus on VBA, Access, Excel, and SQL.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Proactive communicator of project status, issues and risks
· Ability to determine estimates of effort and impacts on a variety of solutions
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to manage rapid change in a fast-paced environment; ability to deal with ambiguity; self-starter
· Ability to manage deliverables and provide support to multiple priorities, sense of urgency
· Experience of working in a diverse and challenging environment
· Commitment to be part of the team, and to support others in making the wider team a success
· Proven ability to manage and mitigate risks to project delivery
· Ability to make information-based decisions
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
· 4 Year college degree required with focus in CIS/MIS, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
· 5 + years of experience in Credit Card Issuing experience
· Experience with Optis production programs and processes
· Experience in converting to new processing platforms
Learn more about us.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with our card solutions team. Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Explore the possibilities of a career with WMK and Find Your Forward with us.
Full Time Work,contract
WMK Tech Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved